In 2014/2015, we will receive the following funding for each child registered as eligible for free school meals at any point in the last 6 years:
- £935 for secondary-aged pupils
- £1,900 for each looked-after pupil who:
- has been looked after for 1 day or more
- was adopted from care on or after 30 December 2005
- has left care under a special guardianship order, a residence order or a child arrangement order
Identifying disadvantaged pupils
The Government use eligibility for free school meals as the main measure of deprivation at pupil level.
Total funding allocation
In total we will receive £34,625 for this academic year.
Raising attainment and closing the gap
The funding will be used to address four key objectives:
- Achievement: To ensure all students achieve the best possible outcome regardless of background
- Literacy and numeracy: To increase the amount of reading undertaken by all students, by providing students with book stations around the school. To develop student numeracy skills through embedding mathematics into the whole school curriculum
- Accessibility: Ensure all PP students can access their curriculum by having the resources they require, including extra support as appropriate
- Attendance: To implement strategies addressing the attendance gap between PP students and non PP students